Users cannot use this procedure unless they have the Smart Converter PRO software).
1. Request the Sender to send the attachment in pdf form.
2. Open the email.
3. Click the attachment icon (at the top of the page). This action need not occur if the email already shows an attachment file followed by a pdf symbol – at the bottom of the email.
4. Click the word “Download”.
5. A page appears called “Download 1 Attachment – with the name of the attachment at the top.
6. It has a smaller panel in the middle that shows the name of the file and the type of file.
7. (If not a jpg file, use a different procedure.)
8. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the panel.
9. A page appears with the top stating “Opening – followed by the name of the file as shown in paragraph 6″.
10. Two radio buttons show the following – (a) “Open with” followed by a panel that has an arrow on the right and (b) “ Save file.”
11. Place a tick in the “Save File” button and click OK. The original email page opens.
12. Click Download.
13. A page appears called “Download 1 attachment appears.
14. It has a smaller panel in the middle that shows the name of the file and the type of file.
15. Click the yellow continue panel at the bottom.
16. A panel opens with the name “Opening..” followed by the name of the file.
To print the page (optional)
17. Click the “Open with” radio button and click OK at the bottom.
18. A page called “Downloads” opens with the name of the file listed.
19. RIGHT click on the name and a menu opens.
20. Click “Open” and the page of the file appears
21. Move the cursor to the bottom middle of the page and roll it around until a black panel appears.
22. Click the print icon – second from the left.
23. The print page appears showing the actual page in a panel on the right.
24. Click “OK to print”.
25. The page prints.
End of Print page
Convert the pdf file into a jpg file.
26. Click the windows icon at the bottom left of KEYBOARD.
27. The list of the various panels opens.
28. Click the “My Documents” panel at the top right.
29. The “My Documents” page opens.
30. It shows a list of folders on the first page.
31. Click the “Downloads” folder – (about five items from the top) to highlight.
32. RIGHT click on the folder and a menu opens.
33. Click “open” – the top option.
34. A list of files appears.
35. Find the name of the desired file (e.g. RESULTS – SATURDAY – NOV 29 – ROUND 6)
36. Right click and a menu appears.
37. Click on the item that states – “Convert with Smart Converter PRO.
38. The Smart PDF converter PRO opens with a panel in the front called “JPEG options”.
39. Click “Cancel “at the bottom right and the panel disappears.
40. CHECK that the top tab shows “Convert from PDR shows in white. If not, click the left hand tab until it shows white.
41. The page has three sections.
42. The first (called “Convert from PDF” shows the name of the selected file.
43. Use the second section option (“Output format” to select “Image JPEG” – if not already selected.
44. The third section called “Output file” shows the desired output folder.
45. Use “C/Documents and Settings….\For jpg files”.
46. The name of the file appears in the top white panel and the actual file material in a panel on the right
47. If the file has more than one page, a click on the > (arrow) button will show the next page.
48. The minus and plus buttons on the far right of the buttons allows the re-sizing of the actual page material – if necessary to check whether the correct file shows in the panel.
49. Click “Convert and the JPG option opens.
50. Click OK and the smaller panel called “Insert PDF Converta PRO shows a message – 1 file was converted” and a panel before that shows the new name of the fie with JPG at the end,
51. The bottom part of the panel has three options – Open File, Open folder, and Close.
52. Click on Open file and the material in the file appears
53. Click Open Folder and the page opens “For jpg files shows at the top of the screen.
54. The folder shows a list of the jpg files followed by 0001”. It has a jpg icon on the left of the file name.
55. Right click the file and a menu opens with “Rename” second from the bottom.
56. Delete the original name and insert the new name.
57. Close the folder by clicking X at the top right.
58. Click the windows icon at the bottom left of KEYBOARD.
59. The list of the various panels opens
60. Click the “My Documents” panel at the top right.
61. Open “My Documents” A page called “My Documents” .opens.
62. Right click on Downloads to show a list of files.
63. The list will contain the revised name of the file.
64. Right click and highlight “Convert with Smart PDF Converter.
65. The panel on the right shows Page 1.
66. Use the “>” (arrow) to move to page 2. Then figures on the left of the arrow will show 2/2.
67. Click Convert.
68. Click Open Folder.
69. Click the file with the original name and that has 0001 at the end.
70. RIGHT click to open the menu. In addition, use “preview” to open the file to check that the file contains the desired material.
71. Click the file with the original name and 0002, at the end.
72. Click “-“to at the top right to ……………
73. Rename the 0001 file so that 0001 becomes Page 1.
74. Rename the 0002 file so that it shows Page 2 at the end.
75. Each of these two files now has a jpg icon on the left.
76. Open the relevant web site in edit mode
77. Click Add new Media under the Media heading.
78. A page called “Upload New Media” appears with a large panel. Dashed lines mark this panel.
79 The middle of the panel has the words – “Drop files here”. “or” and “Select Files”.
80. Click “Select Files” and a smaller page opens on the left called “File Upload”. It allows access to the folders and files on the computer. The dashed oblong panel still shows on the right.
81. Right Click on the desired file(s) and hold down. Move them into the dashed oblong. Beneath the oblong, the names of the files moved show with “Show” at the end.
82. Click “Show” and the material in the file shows at the left (thumbnail size).On the right various headings exist starting with “File Name” – followed by the bane of the file..
83. Then follows other headings . AT the bottom the words “Save all changes” in a panel show.
84. Click “Save all Changes” and the Media Library shows. It has the names of the files moved. They show as “unattached” pages.
85. To transfer any of the files to a page on a web site use – Procedure 5 – How to add a file from the Media Library on to a page.