1. Jing helps Users to select an image (e.g. a diagram), copy it, and place it in the Media Library of a site.
2. The installation of Jing (see details at the end) allows the placement of a yellow circle at the very top of all pages and a very small yellow orb at the bottom right with other very small icons.
3. Users have the option of deleting the larger orb at the top of the page and just leaving the very small orb as the method of opening Jing.
4. A left click on the top orb opens three slightly smaller orbs with lines connecting them to the top orb.
5. From left to right the three smaller orbs have icons and names. The left orb has a large cross or plus and the name “capture (which shows on a rollover of the orb.) The middle orb has two pages overlapping each other and the name “History”. The third orb has the icon of two overlapping cogs and the name “More”
6. These notes deal mainly with the left and middle orbs.
7. Clicking the third orb opens five different options –Finish, Send feedback, Preferences, Help, and Exit Jing.
8. After finishing using Jing, click the first option on the left.
9. Do not tick the last option (Exit Jing) because it will remove Jing from the page altogether.
10. Click the left orb and a very large plus appears with one yellow vertical line and one yellow horizontal line.
11. Move the large plus so that one of the quadrants shows as white as compared with other quadrants that may have a grey colour
12. Drag the yellow lines so the diagram exists in the top left quadrant and release the left button.
13. Users can adjust what the quadrant covers by use of an icon (a very small square inside a very small diamond) that brings in a yellow line – on the right, the left, the top and the bottom. A line with an arrowhead at each end allows adjustment of each line.
14. Adjust the lines so that they only just surround the diagram on all four sides.
15. The bottom left of the quadrant shows four icons named – from the left – Capture Image, Capture Video, Redo Selection, and Cancel – followed by the size of the area selected.
Size of the Image to copy (capture)
Image selected fits into one page.
16. In this case, no problem exists in putting the yellow lines around the image to “capture” it.
Image selected exceeds one page. In this case, the diagram needs reduction
17. Use Edit to Copy the image.
18. Create a new page and Paste the image into the page.
19. Click Zoom and a Zoom panel opens with various options.
20. Use the panel that shows the percentage and decrease to less than 100 % – possibly 80%.
21. Keep reducing the percentage until the diagram fits into a page. Usually the reduction will refer only to the height of the image.
22. Click “Capture Image”. A new panel opens with a yellow bar at the top, a panel at the bottom that follows “Name”, and six icons at the bottom – Save, Copy, SC.com-Embed (if this button created),Cancel, and Customise Jing buttons.
23. Type in a name (in the name panel) that identifies the image (diagram).
24. Click “Save” and a “Save Capture “page opens.
25. The file name at the bottom shows the chosen name of the page selected. (See paragraph 23)
26. The “Save as type” shows “PNG Image files (*png)
27. Click “Save. This action places the chosen file in the Desktop page.
32. Go to the appropriate site and select “Media” and “Add new”.
33. A page called “Upload new Media” appears with “Select files” in the middle of a large oblong formed by dashed lines.
34. Click ”Select Files” and the Desktop opens .that contains a file with the chosen name with a small icon (with three colours) on the left.
35. Drag and drop this file into the dashed oblong.
36. Click “Open “ and the “Upload new Media “ page shows a panel at the left containing the image and various heading underneath (e.g. title) on the left and various headings such as “Title”,
37. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save all changes.”
38. This click opens the Media Library pages. Among other things, it shows the image, the name of the image, and the Unattached/Attached option.
39. Move the image to an appropriate page by using Procedure 5 – How to add a file from the Media Library on to a page.
Installation of Jing
40. Type “Jing” into a search area.
41. Probably the second item will show “Download Jing free Software for Screenlab and Screencasts
42. Click a panel that shows – “Start Windows Download”
Further Information on Jing.
43. Click the right orb (“more”) and a large yellow orb opens with five options – Finish, Send Feedback, Preferences, Help, and Exit Jing.
44. Click Help and the top orb shows “Jing Help Centre”
45. Click “Jing Help Centre” and a page opens that shows a table with a number of columns. This table lists an extensive list of help tutorials and allows a Visitor to read and use.